Thursday, August 30, 2007

Heeeelloooo Lover

Discovering a fabulous new label is ilke being a kid in a candy store for me -- I want to buy everything at once, divest items of their excess tags (or packaging) and put it to good use in my stomach (or body).

So when I spotted Lover -- a line from Down Under -- in Two Of A Few a couple weeks ago while dissecting the shops of Gastown, I nearly squealed in happiness. After composing myself, Dani (one of the adorable indie-style shop girls) took me through all the exclusive lines carried in the boutique. Yes, though the other pretty pieces of clothing beckoned my name, I just couldn't help but drift back to the racks where Lover hung.

We all know every fashion collection has a story behind it. Lover doesn't keep these stories exclusive to front row editors viewing their programs before a runway show -- the label puts the story right on its clothing hangtags for everyone to see. The latest Collection -- dubbed Alamont -- is inspired by the December 1969 Rolling Stones concert at the Alamont Speedway in San Francisco where all heck broke lose, thanks to rowdy Hells Angels.

Love to love ya, baby.
















I'm Lovin' it: These Rickard Shah shoes from his Iconology collection. If you're in La-La Land looking for them, you can snatch them up at -- where else? -- Iconology on La Brea.






I'm Over it: Went to the opening of the Glowbal Group's newest restaurant venture, Italian Kitchen on Alberni. There was the red-carpet, there were the delicious appies, there were the beautiful people and there were a few Vancouver Canucks in the mix. But what was up with charging party-goers for drinks after 9 pm when they were free beforehand?? Big Brother K and I literally waited 45 minutes for two vodka sodas and to get his credit card back. Um, whack.


Track of the Day: I was watching The Devil Wears Prada -- again -- by my lonesome on Tuesday night and loved the track from Azure Ray. The song is called Sleep. It's ethereally slow and could literally put me to bed -- but I'd have the best dreams of my life.







* Photos property of loverthelabel.com, Google Images and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home