Thursday, August 23, 2007

McSweeney

Last Saturday, I did a little journalism work by visiting the new Two Of A Few in Gastown, the sister store to Vancity fashion mecca One Of A Few.

That day I came to love New Zealand more and more, all because of the unbelievably quirky-cool clothing of Deborah Sweeney.

Sweeney fine-tuned her designing chops at Jill Stuart in New York, as well as Top Shop and H&M in the UK, before returning to her mother country to launch an eponymous line. Her photographer/graphic design husband helps out with prints -- super cute, I know. The label is available in the States, Canada (Two Of A Few and Rebel Rebel in Victoria), Singapore, Australia and, of course, New Zealand.

I instantly fell hard with her quirky, yet tailored look -- nearly succumbed to this adorable blue and black vertical/horizontal-striped shorts jumper hanging lustily on one of the racks. Check out some looks from her Heartland '07 collection below.

And yes, Lee Lee and Andy Pandy -- my favorite NZers! -- I still love you, too.















I'm Lovin' it: Nee-Nee is bringing in the new collection from Evan & Dean into the office tomorrow!! Apparently, one of the dudes from E&D wants to show her the new stuff -- which means I get to oooh and aaah over it, too!!


I'm Over it: Irrational thinking. Like me, Scootsie and Hanna-Solo last night, thinking we'd follow drinks at Earl's Paramount downtown with a big, ole Wednesday night blow-out at The Caprice. Good thing we went back to Hanna-Solo's so the boys could change out of their flip flops and into close-toed shoes. 'Cause we got lazy to go back and totally saved ourselves the hassle of major headaches this morning. We're so smart: S-M-R-T.


Soundtrack of the Day: So this weekend, my buddy T. Chipman and I descended on Tinseltown Theatres to take in the sci-fi movie Sunshine, directed by Danny Boyle. This flick was so INCREDIBLE, from the ensemble cast (Cillian Murphy, Michelle Yoeh, Rose Byrne, Troy Garity, Cliff Curtis, Hiroyuki Sanada, Benedict Wong and Chris Evans) to the special effects to the storyline to the soundtrack. I was so impressed with the music, I did a little research and found out Underworld -- the UK electronica band -- provided nearly all of it. If you happen to live in Los Angeles or New York, you can check out their shows at The Hollywood Bowl (awesome venue) and Central Park (I assume this is also an awesome venue) respectively.






www.myspace.com/underworld



* Photos property of deborahsweeney.com, myspace.com/underworld and are used solely for commentary purposes

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think she's had one too many Apple Martinis in the Air NZ fashion week tent! Honestly where else does she get her vision?

We love you too Mighty Miss May! aka M&M's

Andrew :-)

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw i'm only kiddin Deb's! we love u! Andrew

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home