Monday, August 27, 2007

Bad Vices

My buddy Huges B. flew into town for a few days last week, bringing his urban-planning-in-Abu-Dhabi arse back into the hometown for a short, but sweet 48 hours.

First off, he rocked the light pink polo Lacoste shirt. Absolutely rocked it. I usually have an aversion to fellas in pastel colors, but a few can pull it off and look so damn cool -- Huges is one of those fellas.

Secondly, he introduced me to a cheeky urban lifestyle magazine called Vice, established in Montreal way back when. It's now pretty much an international mag phenom, expanding not only in the publishing industry but the record, film, TV, retail and book industries.

The publication covers gaming, fashion, music, culture, politics, art and really effin' weirdly cool topics, like this month's "It Happened: Crackheads Stole The Door Off My Roof". Vice also has a Street Peeper-type section that coversthe good, the bad and the ugly of street fashion. Try not to be a Vice "don't".

So if this mag is your thing, it's easy-peasy to subscribe for a year's supply of awesome articles and photos. Check out the July issue, which always has a stack-load of photography in it.

Like I need more magazines littering my apartment. Oh well.







I'm Lovin' it: G. Davis for taking me, Mikey, Luker and Big Brother K to Tiesto in the pimped-out Lawson Lundell box at GM Place on Saturday night. The show and lights were freakin' amazing -- even my buddies, who never listen to trance, danced the night away with me. It was a show and a half for sure. And hey, free Belvedere is always a bonus. But note to self (plus G.D. and Mikey): Mixing bevys is never, ever a good plan and never has been.


I'm Over it: Over-priced everything! On Sunday, I took a trip to Old Navy in West Van with Scootsie, Hanna and Steffie. Hence, we are now known as TON, or Team Old Navy. Anyhoo, how could it be that a Jennifer Beals-esque off-the-shoulder sweatshirt goes for $35, then goes on sale for $15 three weeks later and the company still makes money off the slashed price?? Mark-up's a bitch. We're going to celebrate our yesterday's trip with a boy 'n' girls night watching The Hills and eating pizza this evening, boo yah!


Musical Artist of the Day: My hilariously random co-worker -- and surrogate l'il bro -- Nicky P., who introduced me to Bay Area rapper Andre Nickatina. He's a case of Wu-Tang meets People Under The Stairs, meaning his tracks are ghetto, but the lyrics are pretty poetic. Kind ying and yang, like Tupac but without the envy-inducing long lashes.






www.myspace.com/certifiedandrenickatina



* Photos property of viceland.com, Google Images and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home