Monday, August 20, 2007

Fashion Facelift

Nipping and tucking is de riguer these days.

Or at least we as a society have become unnaturally immune to it: Botox lunch breaks, the popularity of shows like Nip/Tuck (heeeelllloooo Dr. Troy!) and Extreme Makeover, lipo, Restalyne-filled puckers, calf implants, our obsession with all things Brazil (the world's #1 plastic surgery capital), butt implants, chest impants and anywhere else silicon and the like can be, well, planted.

And people aren't the only things getting a facelift.

Cyber fashion giants Fashion Week Daily and Daily Candy both got some work done over the weekend, because this morning they sure didn't look the same as they did last Thursday. Some touch-ups are wonderfully easy to like (Daily Candy) and some are not (Fashion Week Daily).

To be quite honest, Fashion Week Daily is harder to navigate and has lost a fair bit of the fun, feminine girly web aesthetic it had before, with bright pink -- almost fuschia even -- accents and easy-to-navigate homepage. Now it's white, black, grey and boring -- though I do like those neutrals in clothing form. Daily Candy seems to have updated fonts, which makes it cleaner and less grade school; all in all a nice improvement on their part, without losing its relevance with regular readers.

Now if I were to nip/tuck...







I'm Lovin' it: The H&M magazine I picked up in the lobby of my building today. I'm not entirely surprised the Swedish mega retailer has its own publication. In fact, I'm trying to find out just how I can finagle myself a writing job with it...


I'm Over it: This insatiable hunger I've been harboring the past few days. It's like there's something my stomach wants to eat, but just can't -- for the life of it -- figure out what. Trust me, I've tried nearly everything. Everything except for a cupcake. Hmmm...







Musical Artist of the Day: Zoot woman. So here I go again, totally loving a UK electro band. But honestly, these guys (Adam Blake, Jonny Blake, Stuart Price and Beatric Hatherly) are the shizznit -- check out their tracks "It's Automatic", "Living In A Magazine", "Hope In The Mirror" and their brilliant cover of Craig David's hit track "Seven Days". Some of their songs are super pop rock-ish, while the others are super chill. Price has worked extensively with Madonna for the past five years, while both Price and Blake do the remix path under the moniker Paper Faces -- with some major industry heavies, like Pete Tong, Madonna and the Scissor Sisters. Music to my ears.






www.myspace.com/zootwoman




* Photos property of theocportal.com, inthekitchen.org, zoot.woman.eurpclash.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home