Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Where Brooklyn At?!

The late Notorious B.I.G. asked, "Where Brooklyn at?" once upon a time.

The answer? Bond No. 9.

New York's favorite cult fragrance brand has come out with a new smell that bridges together Manhattan and the place where Manhattanites used to dare not go: Brooklyn.

This scent -- packaged prettily in a clear flacon stamped with "Bond No. 9" and "Brooklyn" in colorful street art-type font -- is a cool mix of grapefruit, juniper, cardamom, cedarwood, geranium leaves and leather.

It's also the brand's first unisex fragrance, making it a nice (and slightly more unique) choice as a Valentine's Day present. No more Aqua di Gio or Cool Water, please.

Time to hop on the G train.







I'm Lovin' it: Steph A. brought me my little gift from Colette last Saturday -- let me tell you how excited I was. Very. First, it came in a clear Colette bag. Then, inside was a cute blank notebook emblazoned with the words "I'm Going To Be Ridiculously Rich And This Is My Plan..." (from the brand Two Little Boys from the UK) because she remembered how gung-ho I am about my New Year's resolutions. The notebook is so damn adorable, I'm trying not to mar it with my chicken scratch -- hard for a writer to do! She also snagged me a free electronica music DVD and the new L'Edito magazine issue. J'adore!





I'm Over it: Went to my first hot yoga class with Steph A. last night. It was amazing (and amazingly sweaty), but I literally could not feel my fingertips and palms after all that Downward Dog. Think I either pinched some nerves or got a quick bout of tendinitis. Either way, tying up shoelaces and buttoning buttons is proving to be very difficult right now. Circulation is zilch.


Music of the Day: Futurecop!. Picture a John Hughes flick injected with acid. "NASA" has been my anthem all week. And yes, Futurecop! is spelled with an exclamation point.





* Photos property of Bond No. 9, Haute Hippie, myspace.com/thefuturecop and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home