Monday, January 26, 2009

God Save The McQueen

Alexander McQueen. Target. Coming out soon.

Living in California meant not only having basically one season all year round (summer, of course) and a Coldstone Creamery six blocks away, it also meant taking weekly trips to the nearest Target for everything and anything (especially cheaper Maybelline mascara).

I had diffusion Behnaz Sarafpour, Proenza Schouler, Isaac Mizrahi and other bigtime designers a town away in Culver City from my Santa Monica hood.

Sometimes these Tar-zhay lines would be on the money, other times not so much, but let me say I cannot WAIT for Alexander McQueen's capsule collection -- it is by far my favorite one from GO International in the past couple of years.

What to look out for? Leather, leggings, skinnies, vests, jumpsuits and dresses, oh wow oh wow oh wow...

All hail McQueen.











I'm Lovin' it: My new hanging shoe rack. I can actually see snippets of the bottom of my closet now that it's not drowning in heels, flats, gladiators, wedges, Creative Recs and Converse.


I'm Over it: Enough with the sales already, retailers. Get me the season's new offerings, puh-leeze.


Track of the Day: How about something chill and full of jazziness? Like "Before I'm Gone" by Jacqui Naylor. And before I get myself all electronica-ed out.






* Photos property of Target, nylonmag.com, inn-residence.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home