Monday, January 19, 2009

Haute's Top Ten List Of Today

Today I woke up at the godawful time of 5:45 am, attempting to get an early workout in before my day started and hoping to open up another hour for myself to devote to work.

I have thus concluded that I'm going to have to start getting up at 5 am instead. Yep, you read that right. 5 am.

Anyway, I've decided to be a little lazy today and do a Top Ten List of things I've been seeing over the past week, but haven't been posting due to time constraints. It runs the spectrum from fashion to music to politics.

Here goes.


1. These tees from the new T By Alexander Wang line. I never considered myself a t-shirt kind of girl, but lately, I've been warming up to the idea. As long as they're long and loose, hence the reason these ones made my list.






2. These two outfits worn by cute Parisian gal Betty Autier, she of Le Blog De Betty.





3. Max Azria scored an advertising hit by tapping gold medallist US gymnast Nastia Liukin for their new campaign. Her pictures are just stunning.





4. I'm not one to usually shout out someone like Jessica Alba, but her outfit is enviable here. Who knew she could do a high(er) fashion outfit and actually kind of rock it?




5. I love Bernard Willhelm. This outfit is from Fall '08. Yes, it's soooooo last, last season but honestly, it might as well be this season, too. The hood is what got me.




6. My new nude suede Zara booties. Got 'em on sale! Seventy bones. They went ridiculously well with my new light gray American Apparel deep v-neck mini dress, black patterned Tibi for Hue tights and white-black men's scarf from H&M for dins with Aims and drinks with the gals (Aims, Berry and Ovitch) last Saturday.




7. My girl Saritz got some over-the-knee grey pirate boots, which I just had to try on yesteday. Yar! They fold down, if you want a different look. I tried to leave with them -- with not such great success.





8. The fact that I've already locked down six shows for the first half of this year. I'm doing well with this resolution to take in more music acts! In chronological order, I have Metronomy (with Fan Death opening, heck yes!), a DJ competition thing, Simiam Mobile Disco, The Presets, Bloc Party and The Killers (with M83 opening, I hear!!). Yeeeeeeeeah.


9. A free airplane ticket to New Zealand, courtesy of a good friend (who happens to be a flight attendant) that saved it for me as a present to come check out his neck of the woods. Just found about this amazing, generous gift last week. I can use it anytime apparently -- and I'm thinking a New Zealand/Australia trip is in my '09 future. Don't even know how to thank you, Lee! :)




10. The inauguration of Barack Obama tomorrow. My girl Ovitch is having a girls-only inauguration party. Yes, we can!




I'm Lovin' it: My girl Steph A. went to Paris and brought me back a little pressie from Colette! I can't wait to see!!


I'm Over it: What is WITH this creepy, thick fog?! Isn't that stuff supposed to annoy San Francisco, not me?


Music of the Day: Fan Death. Love the violin riff that hits at 1:40 in "Veronica's Veil". I'm beyond stoked to this act live this coming Saturday night. Dance time.





* Photos property of various sources and are used solely for commentary purposes

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice :-)
http://pavlinajavurkova.blogspot.com/

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home