Tuesday, January 13, 2009

To Have And To Hold

Among many things, 2009 means friends' weddings to attend.

A lot of them.

I count at least five, one of which is in Miami and I'm supposedly a bridesmaid for.

It'll be my first time being a bride sidekick, so it should be interesting to say the least, but I can very safely say I'm not one of those girls looking to catch the bouquet after chugging mucho bubbly and doing the electric slide at the reception.

I am, on the other hand, one of those gals who happened to cyber-stumble across the weddings rings I want for me and my TBD hubby when that big day peeks its head around life's corner.

In homage to my love for chunky, big baubles and all things quirky-cool, here are Los Angeles-based jewelry line Alex & Chloe's "Holding You Forever" wedding rings for him and her, designed exclusively for Revolve Clothing.

These 14k gold rings are designed as a circle within a square, plus the lady ring comes with three inverted white diamonds. Talk about unconventional.

They, er, ring in (sorry, bad pun) at $1805 each for the fellas and $1895 each for the ladies. And they're gold, which is pretty much a quadruple bonus for a gold-lover like me.

Seeing as how I picture my own wedding being at least five years away, let's hope Alex & Chloe does special orders for these babies down the road.

So to have, hold and wear forever?

I do. I really, really do.










I'm Lovin' it: The concierge in my building. I was running away on the treadmill in my building's gym at 6:30 this morning when the concierge on duty came in and handed me an envelope that had just come in. I'd been expecting that delivery for the past five months, but the concierge didn't even know that -- and I didn't even know he knew my name. But he did know my name, and he totally made my morning with the personal delivery. Yay!


I'm Over it: My nose won't stop running this morning. Geez.


Track of the Day: "Wait A Minute Here" by the Robotanists from Los Angeles. Think I've found my first favorite new band of 2009. They do a fantastic, indie version of Foreigner's "I Wanna Know What Love Is". Double-crossing my fingers that they either come into town or I get the chance to fly east to see them at a big music fest in March. Please get their album Close Down The Woods.






* Photos property of alexandchloe.com, revolveclothing.com, the Robotanists and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home