Thursday, September 04, 2008

There's No Place Like Home

You can't follow every trend that hits magazine editorials and streets in Japan, but I'm currently amping up the courage to try one in particular: short socks and heels.

It resonates of little girl grown up. Or girl who never grew up.

There's something about this weird trend that's cute, yet avant-garde -- and completely not something I'd see on many ladies in this city, which gives me the impetus to maybe try it out.

After all, I did eventually bring myself to rock the over-the-knee socks with criss-cross strap, open-toe wedges earlier this year.

I can do it. I think.

Anyway, peep the Facehunter picture below. Doesn't she look like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz with her wee socks and ruby red heels?

All she needs is Toto and perhaps the Tin Man. And minus the ciggie.







I'm Lovin' it: One of my top ten favorite designers, Yigal Azrouel, designed rubbers for Proper Attire condoms. Now these are the kind of condoms you want to pull out of a Devi Kroell clutch after a great date.







I'm Over it: This black Plaid Popover Dress I tried on at Gap. It looked so rustically grunge and perfectly layered on the mannequin. It looked monstrously huge and Little House on the Prairie on me. Even with an extra small size.







Track of the Day: This came off some random Buddha Bar CD I got off Torrentz. It's called "My Darling" by Ralph Myerz, featuring Pee Wee. And it's got a smoove groove.







* Photo property of facehunter.com, gap.com, nymag.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

1 Comments:

Blogger MK said...

I tried grey ankle socks with my black strappy heels today. Didn't look too shabby actually.
I love trying new things out.

It all depends on the shoes really Haha.

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home