Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Coach Class

Reed Krakoff, creative director of Coach, launched an online design contest in which entrants could use Coach prints or their own designs to make a new style of bag.

The winner was a 15-year-old girl named Grace Hia from SoCal, who created a pretty damn fly tote with a fantastically bold print. As a prize, she gets a $2500 shopping spree, a $500 scholarship and a huge party toasting her win somewhere shi-shi in Los Angeles.

Not too bad for someone who's still in high school.

Do we have another Esteban Cortezar type prodigy on our hands?? I think we might.







I'm Lovin' it: The US Open. Andy Roddick and Novak Djokovic play tomorrow. And now I can't get Djokovic's impersonation of Maria Sharapova out of my head.







I'm Over it: Things that don't come on time.


Track of the Day: So Nerdy B has got me listening to a bit of MF Doom these days. The rapper has been on the Rhymesayers label before and has collabo-ed with the likes of Danger Mouse, Ghostface Killah, Madlib and the late J Dilla, the latter of which I have huge, huge respect for. Peep the track below -- it's called "Mash's Revenge", featuring Guilty Simpson and with beats by The Dilla (which I recognize from J's album "Donuts").







* Photos property of fashionweekdaily.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

1 Comments:

Blogger MK said...

Ooh, that bag is fly.

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home