Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Touch The Skye

You know that when 400-pound September issue glossies hit your mailbox (the Vogue I recently bought has over 700 pages), beach days are non-existent, weekends at the lake are finito and summer sangria has run dry, fall has unofficially arrived.

There's a bittersweet aspect to the end of summer for me -- yes, I love tans, beach volleybal, popsicle-eating and wearing gladiator sandals with short dresses, but I also love layering, scarves, boots and sipping pumpkin lattes while going on walks on crisp days, minus the subsequent runny nose (a terrible malady of mine when it comes to chilly climes).

My new obsession for the unofficial and official fall season is the hood. Hooded tees, hooded jackets, hooded dresses and this Skye hood-scarf from Brixton, a style from their new F/W collection.

Brixton already has my vote for all things chapeau, taking into consideration the straw Castor I own and love to pieces, but this accessory concoction from the SoCal hat brand is just genius. You can keep your body heat from escaping through your dome and, as Craig Mack said in a rap once upon a time, you can "protect ya neck". And it looks pretty freakin' cute.

Hey, the Skye is never out of reach.








I'm Lovin' it: There's a BDG jacket that I have to own for fall and wanted to show y'all, but couldn't find an image. Then I ran into this amazing "Sgt. Pepper" jacket from the same brand and decided I loved it, too. It's so Proenza Schouler, circa Jack and Lazaro's Spring/Summer '08 collection.







I'm Over it: Blogging system difficulties for work that are making extra work for me.


Track of the Day: "Double Shadow" by the Junior Boys from their "So This Is Goodbye" album. It's an older track, but listened to it the other day and remembered how sexy it kind of sounds. I LOVE the subtle (yet unsubtle...does that make even make sense?) transition that happens at 2:58 into the song.








* Photos property of Brixon and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home