Tuesday, October 09, 2007

So Muk-ed Up

Last Friday night before Kaskade, I indulged in a little catch up/gossip sesh with my girl Aims on the patio of a Granville Street Starbucks.

About thirty minutes into our conversation, I realized that coat and boot season had for sure arrived -- I could see Aims' breath as she talked, and we tied the scarves around our necks just a little bit tighter.

Inevitably -- as always with girls -- our talk turned from gossip to fashion. In our case, we began waxing poetic about boots of all kinds, but particularly fringe boots and Mukluks, the latter of which I'd always refused to publicly admit I actually really like...a lot. My fine fashionista friend Aims gave me a little (actually, huge) lead on the Canadian company Muks, who were the first to put Mukluks (those calf-high suede and fur beaded boots with pom poms) on the likes of Kate Moss and Lindsay Lohan. Check out their feature in the October issue of Elle Magazine, introducing the new ankle Muks.

Unfortunately, the new charcoal grey style is already sold out (I'm sitting here pulling my hair out trying to find another e-tailer carrying it), but the all-matching black shade and raccoon fur kinds are still available for charging. The ankle Muks are also still up for grabs. If you can fit into Gap Kids, then you can probably squeeze into a kids size, but the downside is it comes sans pom poms which, if you ask me, is the crowning achievement.

I can't imagine a better, more ostentatious and fabulous way to cocoon my size six feet this Winter '07.










I'm Lovin' it: Watching the city outside my window while I work. There's whole bunch of stuff going down!

I'm Over it: Not scoring tickets to the second M.I.A. show at the Commodore. Let me guess, it sold out in eight minutes...again. Doesn't look good on me, who tried organize a whole whack of peeps to go -- most of whom said yes. Uh oh, spaghetti-o.

Track of the Day: Otha Fish by The Pharcyde. They may be doing their own thang these days, but their beats and lyrics still kill it every single day. Word is their new album "Eclectic Compassion" was supposed to drop earlier this year, but as of now hasn't yet hit the music shelves. Keep your eyes peeled, Pharcydians.









* Photos property of muklukstore.com, musicselections.files.wordpress.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm... i dunno about the muks... i tend to get over fad-y things that every lululemon wearing chica in vancouver was doing three years ago...

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home