Friday, October 05, 2007

If You Think You're Cool, Then...

Check out NY-based label Sunshine and Shadow, which is all about the downtown chic. Love the Fall/Winter 2007-2008 look book pairing a lot of the outfits with shiny bronze tights. New Yorkers, find the collection at Barney's, Steven Alan and I Heart. Angelenos, stop by Hilary Rush, Switch and DVLA. Vancouverites, Eugene Choo is the place.









Dance your arse off tonight at Kaskade at the Commodore. My dancin' shoes are ready to go, my ticket is on my fridge, my friends are getting pumped to go and my Redbull Vodka is somewhere, waiting to be made.






Make like a celebrity and ring up Ask Sunday, a New York-based membership service (with hubs in Toronto and L.A.) that acts like a personal assistant. Need to buy a plane ticket to Paris for the couture shows? Ask Sunday. Need to make a reservation at Da Silvano or Dan Tana's? Ask Sunday. Need a reminder to pick up your YSL dress from the dry cleaners for that huge gala? Ask Sunday. All you have to do is email or call your request and -- presto! -- it'll be done ASAP.


Cruise into the Joe Fresh pop-up store on 888 Seymour Street (at Robson) in Vancouver, courtesy of founder and former Club Monaco head honcho Joe Mimran. But do it fast, 'cause it's only in that location for a month.






Buy some Modern Amusement duds at Holts for that favorite guy(s) in your life. The apparel is pretty slammin', with patterened fedoras, striped skinny scarves, bad-ass jackets and soft tees. If you missed meeting the M.A. team -- who are a hoot, by the way! -- at the Holts event last night, then at least stock up on their gear. Guaranteed, fellas, you'll always look good in it. Brownie points for sure.






Get yourself on Ticketmaster and buy your tickets for the second Vancity M.I.A. show on November 13th because the dude at Zulu Records told me that's the only place to get it right now. And if you don't know who M.I.A. is, she's the funky Sri Lankan rapper who looks like 80s street fashion barfed all over her. In a good way.






Make a pit stop at my buddy Sol's "Afterlife" art show on October 25th from 6pm to 11pm at the Lemonade headquarters on 149 East Pender. He's one of the tallest, funniest and talented guys I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. And he's damn cute. But taken. Sorry, ladies. His art is the bomb, though.







Happy Friday, kids!
Haute Hippie



I'm Lovin' it: Packing the day in early with my boss. Nothing like getting off at 2:30pm on a long weekend when you expected to work until 5pm. Oh, and catching up with Aims at 6 pm while, uh, window shopping.

I'm Over it: Working in an office, other than the one in my apartment.

Track of the Day: Because I'm hitting up Kaskade tonight, then It's You, It's Me. Sorry for the girlfriend/boyfriend fan montage on YouTube, but it's the only link on the site I could find with track playing somewhat decently.




* Photos property of knobtweakers.net, sunshineandshadow.com, karmaloop.com, niralimagazine.com, presidentschoice.ca, soltroncreative.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home