Tuesday, October 02, 2007

So De-Pleated

Once upon a time I, Haute Hippie, went to small, independent private school in the town where I did most of my growing up.

There, I was forced to suppress every morsel of fashion obsession and wear boring, boring, boring uniforms for almost eight years of my life. This included button-ups, ties, blazers and kilts in the winter and long bermuda shorts with tucked-in, baggy polos in the summer. And let's not talk about the gym uniforms -- it'll seriously make me cry.

The only way around this situation was to roll up my kilt a few inches, wear navy blue knee socks and cute little black Mary Janes. This seemed to work, as is bagged me my first boyfriend who DID NOT attend my school. Heck yeah!

Anyway, the fashionable thing I learned from wearing my pleated kilt (though not really from my pleated bermuda shorts) was that these amazing folds called pleats can actually be flattering, if applied correctly. Kind of like this purpled pleated hem dress from Madison Marcus. Evidence of other pleat-age occurred on various runway shows this past season, including Stella McCartney.

Hey, like they always say, you can always take the girl out of private school but not the private school out of the girl.







I'm Lovin' it: Hookah night (or "shisha" for you experts) at 2903 with my honorary little bro Nate. Whoooo aaaaare yoooooou?






I'm Over it: Me being too lazy to get up in the morning and hit the treadmill in the gym downstairs. I'm behind four days and currently trying to stave off a nagging chocolate craving.


Track of the Day: Everyday I Write The Book by Elvis Costello. Pre-Diana Krall, during Adam Sandler's "Wedding Singer" days and still with those same crazy glasses.








* Photo property of shopbop.com, img.alibaba.com, eil.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home