Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Hol(stein)-In-One

Gold trumps silver.

Or at least I think so.

Catherine Holstein is only 23 years old and has already made a friend of socialite/designer/style star/daughter of Danielle Steele Victoria Traina, made the pages of Teen Vogue and New York Times, introduced to the Mulleavy sisters of Rodarte shortly after and promoted like crazy to stores such as Barneys, Satine, I Heart (in NYC) and Des Kohan by the Rodarte duo and Teen Vogue editor Kimball Hastings.

Holstein dresses are cute and youthful with distinction -- her bib and nautical frocks launched the label into the scene rather quickly, especially after being spotted on an out-on-the-town Mischa Barton.

This short sleeve metallic shirt is solid gold. Literally.







I'm Lovin' it: I'm not sure if any words can justify the absolute beauty of these criss cross ankle strap sandals by Alejandro Ingelmo. It only comes in my fave color of the season: Grey. Oh, and it's metallic, too! You can only pre-order them now, but hey, get on it before all other fashionistas catch wind.







I'm Over it: I wore my purple and gold mini sweater dress from the H&M in Pasadena. It's cute for sure -- especially with my grey boots -- but the sun decided to make a little impromptu appearance this afternoon. In short, I'm boiling right now.


Album of the Day: A few days ago, I made my way into Zulu Records in high hopes they carried the new Sneaky Sound System album. Alas, the indie-cute fella at the front counter informed me, regretfully, that they didn't have the distribution rights to carry the album yet. In sorrow, I went to the electronica listening station to drown in some music and, instead, fell head over heels for the Ed Rec, Vol.2 CD. Pedro Winter -- who used to manage Daft Punk -- started his Ed Banger hip hop/rock 'n' roll/dance music label, resulting in an interesting hybrid of French house that's nothing like Air. Love the Mr. Flash "Eagle Eyez" track. The freakin' awesome album art helps, too. You want a second opinion? Check out the Pitchfork review, they obviously know more than I do.







* Photos property of intermix.com, amazon.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home