Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Movie Of The Year

OH. MY. GOD.

How excited are you for the Sex and the City movie, slated for release May 2008??

I mean, sure, Carrie and the crew had their better and worse fashion days -- um, hello, horsehead purse?! How The Godfather of Patricia Field! However, SATC wouldn't have been anything if it hadn't been for the fantastic, the wacky and the Stanford. It also wouldn't have been anything without SJP, Cynthia, Kristin, Kim and the rest of the cast playing their parts to a tee. From the looks out it, their wardrobes are better than ever, which, frankly, is the amazing eye and handiwork of Miz Pat Field.

So three cheers and a sip of Cosmopolitan to the greatest foursome that ever graced the small screen.

We're so glad you're back.

PS. What's with Bradshaw and the big, ole flowers?? Oh well. Only she, only she.









I'm Lovin' it: Big ups to Ben C. and Perry P. at Ob1 Enterprises for taking me through the Spring 2008 collection of WeSC. Make sure to check out The Style Spy this coming Monday for my write-up on the brand. WeSC is too rad, even for the raddest, baddest person out there. But I'll still buy it.






I'm Over it: I'm trying to set up my local phone number here in Vancity. It's really and seriously time for me to put away the L.A. number for awhile, but there's been a lot of frustrating back and forth thus far. Not keen anymore on the fact that some of my friends actually boycotted my La-La Land digits from their phones until I pony up a local set.


Track of the Day: The Art Of Letting Go by Supermayer. The group has two parts: Aksel Schaufler (aka. Superpitcher) and Michael Mayer, both of whose monikers contribute to the band name. Their current label is Germany heavy-weight Kompakt and their albums have cartoon art sketched by illustrator Kat Menschik. This track has simple lyrics and a catchy little bass line with an electric guitar ditty at the end of each bass phrase, pretty much making you want to bob your head for the entire duration. And yeah, there's plenty of cowbell to go around, too. Cue Will Ferrell.








* Photos property of people.com, blog.morganair.com, www.myspace.com/supermayer and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home