Thursday, September 06, 2007

Yippie Yigal

Yigal Azrouel is back at it again.

Though his Spring 2008 collection did not elicit the same "Wow!" as his last showing, there were still some great pieces to note. His presentation was relaxed and somewhat nautical, with lots of floppy hats for the girls, loose pants for the boys and easy-going hair. My only major point of contention with the oufits is I couldn't really see the one thing or theme that brought them all together -- there were sequins, stripes, jute, scarves, hats, drape-y dresses, long gowns, flats and heels. There were shots of bright colors, metallics and muteds, a wardrobe mish mash from all angles really.

However, I'm sure I wouldn't mind if one of the outfits made it's way into my closet. Miraculously, of course.




















I'm Lovin' it: This studded top from L.A.-based Society For Rational Dress. I love the covered plunge v-neck and shoulder blade-revealing back. And, of course, the drape-y silhouette bestills my heart.









I'm Over it: My overuse of the word "buddy" -- it seems like I'm calling everyone "buddy" these days. Almost called my dad that on the phone yesterday...whoops.







Laugh of the Day: Last night, me, Trevy Trev, The Scientist, Scootsie, Hanna, Sangria and Roopa-a-Doop went to a fundraiser at Canvas Lounge in Gastown in support of a cute little boy named Oliver Hall (who has the learning disability dyslexia) and Hanna's sister, who helped put the event together. Everything was peachy keen until about an hour into the evening, mainly because we were STARVING. Sometimes, fancy little mini burgers don't cut it. After making it through rest of the evening in an extremely light-headed state of mind -- The Scientist wisely and slyly peaced out to watch the Federer-Roddick tennis match at a pub down the street -- we made our way to Tropika on Robson. Trevy Trev, who's basically a bottomless pit when it comes to grub, ordered another noodle dish after we all scarfed down our first big order, with the stipulation that he was exempt from eating the fish cakes that came in the noodles.

Then, to explain himself, he came up with this: "White boys and fish cakes just aren't compatible."

Nice, buddy, nice.








* Photos property of shelikesherfood.files.wordpress.com, mattfaus.com, tobi.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home