Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Soni & Cindy

New Yorkers are probably in a tizzy right now, with the whole taxi cab strike that went down as of today.

That means well-heeled editors, discerning buyers, A-listers, society gals and other fashion-heads will be subway-ing it all over town trying to get to shows. Talk about late runway starts NOT caused by "fashionably late" celebutards. Let's hope it's not a hot and muggy day out in the Big Apple on top of this transportation mess.

If it is indeed hot and muggy out in NYC, then turn to Soni & Cindy, a refreshing and perky line from Soni (eldest) and Cindy (youngest) Huang, two sister designers that honed their creative and seamstress chops at the showrooms of Hugo Boss, Satine, Chloe and Stella McCartney, as well as the design rooms of Jill Stuart and Diane Von Furstenburg.

I'm crushing on this line for the oh-so-girly aesthetic -- the Fall 2007 collection looks like a quirky high school girl, coming into her own. It's all very wearable for the every day, going from prep to eclectic depending on your choice in accessories. Very different from their California-casual Spring 2007 collection, which had James Perse influences in it for sure. I also like the fact they call their lookbooks/collections "albums", complete with angled polaroid picture-frame shots of the pieces lined up in groups of three or four. Super kawaii!

First, Mork & Mindy.

Now, Soni & Cindy.











I'm Lovin' it: Heading to the Know Show at Canada Place this coming Friday with my buddy Brian J. It'll be my first major tradeshow adventure, so I'm pretty psyched. I'll also be arming myself that day with a digi camera for Street Peeper. Those skate kids always look so damn rad.






I'm Over it: My girl Seems might be heading to NYC for Fashion Week tomorrow. 'Nuff said.


Fashion Photo of the Day: Laura Dern, aka. Ben Harper's long-time actress babe, hamming for the cameras of W Magazine. I always knew Christian Louboutins were good for more than looking pretty on the feet.








* Photos property of soniandcindy.com, knowshow.ca, style.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home