Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I Shoe Do Like It

Ring the alarm.

Saks Fifth Avenue has just opened the biggest shoe department North America has ever seen, taking over the entire 8th floor of their NYC location. It has a shoe repair shop, Charbonnel et Walker chocolate cafe (shoes and chocolate, oh my!), a VIP back room for private clients and a fitting room.

The modern glammed-out floor is so mammoth, it has its own zip code! 10022-SHOE, which is more priceless than your max-ed out MasterCard.

Currently, Saks carries about 38 designer shoe labels but with 10,000 shoes littering the place, you can expect some prodigious footwear newcomers to hit the shelves and shoehorns.

When I die, the 8th floor of Saks Fifth better be my heaven.

















I'm Lovin' it: My buddy Bri J. sent me a link to the Banksy Vs. Warhol exhibit that's currently running at The Hospital in Covent Garden, London. It's a contemporary artist face-off. If I had two grand to drop on a flight to the UK, I totally would.

And I'd get me these iridescent high heel pumps from Miu Miu for the trip.





I'm Over it: GATTs, or better known by Jeff C. and myself as Gin and Tonic Tequila Tuesdays. Who knew a work meeting would turn into random pictures, gin and tonic-influenced Truth Or Dare at Section (3) (lots of truths, chickened out on dares) using JC's phone as the spinner, run-ins with A-Lice and her Holts crew, more random pictures and a night-cap at Goldfish Pacific Kitchen. I suppose the thing I'm really over is my headache this morning. GATTs are kinda sorta really fun.







Track of the Day: 3 Pin Din by Simian Mobile Disco, an electro band comprised of James Ford and Jas Shaw from the UK. The song is a crazy electronica mish-mash of regular scratching, reverse scratching, synths and background bells. At about a minute and a half into it all, you start wondering if the track has a bad case of ADD. Eh, what's a little ADD when it comes to good dance music??






www.myspace.com/simianmobiledisco





* Photos property of nypost.com, net-a-port.com, bestuff.com, Google Images and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home