Thursday, August 16, 2007

Did You Know...

That this September's issue of VOGUE -- with Sienna Miller mugging on the cover -- is 840 pages?





That the Old Navy in West Vancouver's The Village is having a mega sale? Yesterday, I picked up two trapeze tent tanks (one in printed green, one in printed yellow), two silk camis (one black, one grey) and a pair of grey keyhole suede flats for less than $80 in total.






That the new collection by Canadian label evan & dean has the most fantastic garment construction I've seen in a few fashion seasons?




That designer darling Erin Fetherston is one of ten finalists competing for the CFDA VOGUE Fashion Fund and is collaborating with Target this year? Goooooo Erin!




That Chanel's flagship store in Beverly Hills re-opened to the public yesterday after major renos? Make sure to save up or pull strings for the Melrose bag, emblazoned with a blood-red "LA" in the bottom corner.




That H&M is opening in Vancouver in less than two weeks?

That supermodel Josie Maran -- of Cover Girl fame -- now has her own line of organic make-up?





That vintage and Brit punk rock-fashion veteran Zandra Rhodes is working on a collection for Top Shop, launching a make-up line for MAC and releasing a bag line this year? But don't confuse her with Betsey Johnson or Vivienne Westwood, because she's not either.





That Swedish label So Last Season is so this season?






That Sabre has the best set of sunglasses kickin' it on the current shades market?








That Hamptons-going ladies had some of the best summer outfits for 2007? Check out polo-player-about-town Nacho Figueras' g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s wife Delfina, in the wicked fedora.







I'm Lovin' it: Yesterday, with my editor-in-chief at Hollywood Life informed me during a phone pow-wow that (tentatively) I'm supposed to be caricature-ly immortalized by the artist Josh Agle of Shag, a little retro cartoon version of me lounging on the Fashion & Beauty page I'll be overseeing. I think I did a post on Shag sometime last year, so you can imagine my excitement at being interpreted by one of my favorite artists. Let's hope his interpretation is both: a) good and b) accurate.








I'm Over it: While waiting for a prescription at the drug store yesterday, I perused the rather thick September issue of Glamour Magazine. I was appalled to see they dubbed Prince (or The Artist Formerly Known As Prince) a sexy man. Um, who are they kidding?! I'd like to see how many ladies out there actually think a sequined jumpsuit, heels and eyeliner-wearing, uber-short man with diva-like tendencies and a penchant for purple is sexy (yes, I know purple is in this season). Not I. But his music kinda rocks out hardcore.





Track of the Day: Doing it Right by The Go! Team. This six-piece band has the best pop anthems ever, with tons of child-like choruses, cheering and handclapping. It's like listening to mature versions of typical kids' sing-songy tunes -- with lots of electric guitars and other grown-up instruments.






* Photos property of teenvogue.com, style.com, fashionweekdaily.com, anti-corporation.blogspot.com, sabrevision.net, bisso.com, mocoloco.com, ecstaticdesigns.com, becauseimaddicted.blogspot.com, oldnavy.com, bbc.co.uk, blog.podbop.org and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home