Monday, October 03, 2005

Mad About Milan

I am a Milan Fashion Week girl through and through. The top models may have jumped on the plane already, now with Fashion Week venues switching over to gay Paree (ie. Paris), but I just can't get some of Milan's collections out of my head. European fashion is elegant and subtley sexy. It's glamourous and feminine and fun and feral all rolled into one. It's as much bruschetta and Fellini as it is Missoni, Dolce & Gabbana, DSquared, Versace, Miu Miu, Fendi, and (a new personal obsession of mine) Alessandro Dell'Acqua. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've ooh-ed and aah-ed over something in an editorial spread, only to find out once again the credits read A. Dell'Acqua! If I were Milanese, I'd be in skirts, dresses, and heels drinking an espresso at the quaintest cafe every single day. Bellissima!

Here's a quick preview of some of Milan's feminine ensembles:




Roberto Cavalli


Bottega Veneta (love the skirt!)


Doesn't Carmen look like an goddess in this Roberto Cavalli number?



Alessandro Dell'Acqua


Missoni

I'm Lovin' it: The 80s band Starship. For all yous who grew up in the decade of NKOTB, Jem & The Holograms, stir-up pants, jelly shoes, scrunchies, and snap bracelets: remember the movie "Mannequin" with Kim Cattrall, pre-Sex & The City? Theme song by Starship. Hey Sara, nothing's going to stop us now 'cause we built this city on rock and roll!

I'm Over it: Shunning the discount outlets like Loehmann's or A.J. Wright. Found a gorgeous white and gold striped Galliano-inspired knit top at A.J. and an elegantly loose black with gold flecks Sass & Bide-inspired knit cardigan at Loehmann's. Score!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home