Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The Shining

If I was given a chance to change one thing about physical appearance, it would be to have a flawlessly shine-free face. I mean, what is up with my T-zone?! You can honestly see a teeny, tiny reflection of yourself in my forehead just looking at a picture of me. This may be my aesthetic curse, but there is no reason for those with the same affliction to suffer...this is the 21st century!

Here are three products I live and die by when it comes to killing shine:

1. Andrea Fresh-Ups. These micro-thin linen paper blotters soak up EVERYTHING. Definitely an oldie but a goodie. It's cheap, it's compact, and it's available at any Ulta store near you.

2. Clean & Clear Invisible Shine Control Powder. Yes, I know the powder is blue, but the product works wonders. Don't worry, there won't be any messy blue streak scross your forehead, this thing blends like a dream. Just use the little puff and mirror to dab your problem spots, you'll be good to go.

3. Boscia Blotting Linens. Comes in three kinds: original, green tea, and lavender. The lavender is great for soothing sensitive skin, while the green tea works its magic on oil-prone sensitive skin. These puppies are a little more pricey, in the $8-$10 range, but a ten spot is worth your happiness. Available at Sephora or Nordstrom.

If worse comes to worse and god forbid you run out of any of these saviors, plain old Kleenex or toilet paper will do the trick. For awhile. Time to make that shopping list, ladies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home