Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Halloween Haute Hippie

Halloween. Every woman's excuse to dress as trashy as possible, all while being completely appropriate for the macabre holiday. Slutty cop, slutty candy striper, slutty construction worker, slutty gangster. It's every man's favorite night of the year!

Picking a costume for Halloween is much like picking an outfit for a date. What message am I trying to send, cute or sexy? What shoes should I wear that will let me to be on my feet till the wee hours of the morning without having to kill myself? Should I carry a purse or a clutch or anything at all? What make-up goes with the attire? How can I dress to impress? Nerve-wracking, to say the least.

This year, I'm thinking a sexy, sultry Alice in Wonderland. A carbon copy of Gwen Stefani's "Whatcha Waitin' For" Alice get-up would be ideal (complete with petticoat and white knee high stockings!), but I think I'll have to go with either of the two options on www.buycostumes.com. Oh, and as suggested by a friend of my l'il sis, I'll have to carry around a bottle with a little "Eat Me" sign.




Ah, nothing like a perfect double entendre for a good, ole modern day Halloween weekend.

I'm Lovin' it: Any clutch from Noelle Handbags. Got my yellow, pink silk-lined one for a cool 20 spot at a great sample sale downtown. Noelle and her BF are utterly adorable, and so are her creations.

I'm Over it: Short days and long nights. Winter's just around the corner, and the only good thing about it is the opportunity to finally wear boots (knee-high, stacked, stiletto, round-toe, take your pick!) without feeling out of place in (not-so-at-the-moment) sunny California.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home