Monday, October 17, 2005

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

When a woman changes her haircut or color, most people assume she's ending a chapter in her life and signalling the start of a new one. When I changed my haircolor this past Saturday night (with the help of my homegirl R-Shizz), it was just to get rid of my roots. Now, it's been awhile since I've bought boxed hair color, for the past nine years preferring to leave my tresses to the salon experts. However, for a little less than $10 at Rite-Aid and a little help from a girlfriend, I could banish those ugly couple-inch roots for truly a fraction of the price. Sounds like perfectly logical (and economic) thinking, does it not?

Without going into too much extraneous detail, let me impart my beauty moral of the day: If you're feeling even the slightest bit uneasy about fiddling with your own mane hue, listen to your gut. It may seem like a good idea at the time, but you'll just end up freaking out after taking hair matters in to your own hands, wake up the next morning frantically scheduling a rescue hair appointment with the nearest available salon, take whatever stylist will have you, end up with horrid orange streaks, and have to fork over more money to fix what could have so easily been avoided in the first place. Oh, and don't go to Infinity Salon. Your hair will end up looking, well, like mine at the moment. Let's just say it's not a good thing.

I'm Lovin' it: Absolutely enamored with Beyond Belief's Witch Hazel Astringent. It leaves your skin clean and soft, soothing redness without stripping any important natural oils. Best part? It's only $2.99 at your nearest Sally Beauty Supply!

I'm Over it: Though I love wedges, I do not love wedge moccasins. Something about them irks me aesthetically, that's for sure. I don't think it's possible to make any kind of moccasin sexy. Case and point: Minnetonkas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home