Monday, September 05, 2005

Going to the Chapel

And no, I'm not getting hitched -- plenty of time before that step! It was more like me getting "gently" coerced into attending church with the family early Sunday morning. This, of course, left me with several pressing questions: What is deemed appropriate (end of the) summer church attire? Is my make-up okay to be fun and playful or should I tone it down a notch? Is it sinful to show too much shoulder during the sermon? Should shoes be open or close-toed? After all, it has been years since this foot crossed the holy threshold of a Roman Catholic church.

After some hemming, hawing, and visualizing disapproving looks from the grandma should I chose the wrong emsemble, I decided on a tasteful yet stylish outfit consisting of elegant white cuffed capris, a sheer black and silver chemise with wide satin trim and tie waist layered over a dressy turquoise tank, silver jewelry, and my beloved embellished BCBG Paris silver-turquoise-gold slingbacks. All in all, I was satisfied and judging by the cheerful Sunday spirit of my grandmother, so was she.

Ah, God works in mysterious ways.

I'm Lovin' it: The "Fairy Tale Accessories" fashion editorial in September's Marie Claire magazine. It's amazingly photographed by Karin Catt and so vividly colorful, I'm thisclose to ripping the pages out and laminating them on a poster board for my wall! Plus it's tons of fun guessing which fairy tale each shot is fashioned from.

I'm Lovin' it, part deux: This one's for the boys. Conde Nast has dug its publishing house talons into the ever-growing men's fashion and luxury market by launching the premiere issue of Men's Vogue. Not only is it informative for the fellas, the front pages are perfect eye candy for the ladies. George Clooney is the first dashing cad to grace its cover.
http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2005-08-24-mens-vogue_x.htm

I'm Over it: Pregnant Britney Spears Federline. Walked by a store today and my friend stopped dead in her tracks, asking who that was on the cover of October's Elle magazine. Upon closer inspection, we saw it was the Brit-ster herself. Maybe she was beyond recognition because her hair was actually combed and styled for the first time in a year and a half.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home