Friday, September 09, 2005

If You Want To Destroy My Sweater

Okay, okay, I promise this is the last time, ahem, this week that I'll be referencing songs as my blog titles. With all the music sampling going on in the world anyway (What up, Nelly! But I still love ya), it's really not such a crime these days...

Woke up to a very cloudy morning. Welcome to fall in Southern California! Good lord, I walked outside and actually felt chilly. Uh, this is not why I moved down here! As I made my way to the gym, chugging my usual lo-carb Monster energy drink (tastes like Mountain Dew on crack, but out of all choices, it's the most dee-lish), I began making a mental note of sweaters in my closet -- which ones were appropriate to bust out this season?? After some deduction, I came to this conclusion: None.

Now to deal with this catastrophe, let's do a recap of Fall 2005's most fabulous sweaters -- and other jumpers of the like -- that I love:

1. I'd give my left arm to own John Galliano's Autumn/Winter 2005-2006 black and white striped mohair sweater dress! It's perfect for the day: layer it with a fun, faux-furry vest or cinch it with simple, solid belt. But I prefer the completely slouchy look, free of extraneous accessories. Oh, and don't forget to pair it with a killer pair of black 70s-inspired knee-high boots.

2. Totally j'adore Chloe! Always have and always will. There's a great oversized cable knit sweater vest from the Autumn 2005 collection. Combine with a flirty chiffon skirt, sheer button-up and open-toed pumps. Check out the See by Chloe line, the fashion house's less expensive, ready-to-wear line. Wear anything designed by Phoebe Philo and you'll be rocksteady for fall...or the rest of your life, for that matter.

3. Cashmere cardiwraps by Sonya Madden. Ah, these things are so soft and luxurious, you'll want to work, eat, and sleep in them 24-7. You can arrive at some shi-shi red carpet gala or grab drinks at your favorite funky downtown haunt wrapped in one. Pick from a rainbow of delicious candy colors. Yes, I know cashmere costs a pretty penny, but isn't warmth and style worth every cent?

Whew, now the sweater drama is somewhat sorted out. Onto bigger and better things, like what's on the palm pilot for this weekend! By the way, are palm pilots considered ancient? Oh well. At least not as ancient as those old school, ginormous cellphones from Saved By the Bell (Zack Morris was so cool back in the day)!

I'm Lovin' it: Volum' Express turbo boost mascara in Very Black by Maybelline. Item number 251-600VE-01. The package claims to plump your lashes up to five times the volume, and let me say that Maybelline follows through on said claim pretty well. It's an oldie, but a goodie...and for less than a five spot at your local Wal-Mart, who's complaining?

I'm Over it: People blasting Kanye West for his TV tirade on NBC last Friday. The man's just saying what everyone else is thinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home