Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Risky Business.

A few close girlfriends of mine often try to convince me to "try something new", like Cancansoo, who tries to get me to straighten my hair every once in awhile or Ovitch, who tries to get me to wear tighter clothing.

I usually laugh off such suggestions, since I generally have an idea of what looks work for me and which ones most certainly don't (ie. bib shirts and rounded necklines).

Having said that, though, fashion really is about risk and about willing to elicit stares for sartorial self-expression. That's why I have the utmost respect for the Japanese, who continually push the envelope when it comes to fashion. Um, hello Rei Kawakubo and Junya Watanabe?!

Lucky for me, someone flew to the recent Fuji Rock Festival to snap concert-goers in their funky finest for Style.com.

I'm turning Japanese, I'm turning Japanese...






The Vapors Turning Japanese via Noolmusic.com




I'm Lovin' it: Balenciaga. Blocked heels. Fall 2010.






I'm Over it: Let me list the ways...


Track of the Day: "White Feather" by Wolfmother. Good, old fashion kind of rock 'n' roll.






* Photos property of style.com, obsessedwithshoes.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home