Monday, April 26, 2010

Saint Diego.

Bag choice, I believe, can say a lot about your personality and style.

For example, my friend Cancansoo often carries around a clothing tote bag as a purse during the day, but at night will go for the vintage Chanel bags. Her closet is full of men's-inspired clothing and secondhand shop finds. Another one of my girlfriend's Steph A. tags off between a cute, small Louis Vuitton bag slung across her body and plush, big bags slung across the body or off the shoulder. Her closet is full of casual-chic items, a look she does so well. My girl Ovitch goes for more structured bags and clutches. Her closet is full of classic, often body-skimming, sophisticated pieces. Another girlfriend of mine AC rocks the motorcycle bags like no other. Her closet is full of trend-conscious things.

As for me? Well, I'm a fan of the big bag, one that can fit everything but the kitchen sink. And the more gold hardware to set off all the fake gold, chunky jewellery I wear, the better. I prefer my bags to be unlike any other, too, just like how I prefer the rest of my wardrobe.

That's why I'd like to move away from the slouchy shoulder bag into drawstring, gusset bag territory, the latter of which can be worn across the body, off the shouler or like a backpack.

I think it'd best be done with the Diego bag from Alexander Wang, yeah?








I'm Lovin' it: I can't believe Jane Aldridge from Sea of Shoes is only 18-years-old. She has the sartorial aplomb of an Anna Dello Russo or Giovanna Battaglia. Jane looks amazing in this shot and ensemble.





I'm Over it: Please don't let those Lorenze Martone/Marc Jacobs split-up rumours be true. They made fashion coupledom so exciting of late.




Track of the Day: "Rock Steady" by The Whispers. Oh, '90s R&B. Is it me, or do most of The Whispers look like Steve Harvey? Must be the mustaches.






* Photos property of Alexander Wang, Sea of Shoes, Jane Aldridge, hollywoodgrind.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home