Thursday, April 08, 2010

Sweatpants It Out.

The Wall Street Journal recently published an interesting story on the latest ready-to-wear trend: wearing sweatpants as a fashion piece.

When I saw variations of joggers hitting Alexander Wang, Michael Kors and Isabel Marant runways, I thought it was rather brilliant. Who doesn't want to look good AND be comfortable?!

The brilliance is that these (albeit pricey) sweatpants are cut into silhouettes already deemed as acceptable for day-to-day attire, the difference simply lies in the material (as in the kind of material that's cozy and has give). The downside is that, in my opinion, you have to be a particular body type and/or sartorially-confident sort in order to carry it off with aplomb.

You can wear them with a tank, blazer and heels or with an equally slouchy, loose sweatshirt top. I spotted a petite girl wearing her harm-style grey pair with flats, cozy wraptop, scarf, leather moto jacket and hair in a top knot, which all together equalled adorable.

And just a word to the wise: do not drag out that ratty pair you used to wear in gym class.

Call it a "Glamour Don't" or whatever you want, because I'm pretty sure that was not what Wang, Marant or Kors had in mind when they were designing their pairs.





I'm Lovin' it: Joe Fresh Style has a new line of nail polish with pretty pastel colors for spring. The mint hue is currently on my fingers, and there are some other fantastic baby blue and butter yellow shades. Anything that matches the color of Cadbury Mini Eggs is fine by me, really.




I'm Over it: Finding out that American airline companies are charging $45 for carry-on bags. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? Two words: cash grab.


Track of the Day: "You Don't Know My Name" by Alicia Keys. I totally forgot about this song, whose doo wop beat lends a fun, light air to the Mos Def-stalking Keys does in her music video. That being said, great tune.





* Photos property of thedemoiselles.com, ellecanada.com, Joe Fresh Style and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home