Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Shear(ling) Delight.

Shearling often reminds me of Ugg boots, that latter of which I stay far, far away from.

(Yes, I know how comfy they are, but I just can't bring myself to love how they look. Apparently I'm shallow like that.)

Leave it to Christopher Bailey of Burberry to make me change my tune about shearling by sending his London Fashion Week Fall 2010 RTW models in a variety of long, cropped, big-collared shearling coats, some with multiple leather buckled straps wrapping around the lower arm sleeves. There were some cream and natural shades -- almost as if the designer left the shearling as is -- but it really were military colors that ruled the coats.

I was also rather fond of Bailey (and his stylist) pairing a creamy white version with a jewel blue silk dress and tough buckled black boots, an odd contrast that surprisingly worked.

Hear, hear to shearling.








I'm Lovin' it: Kidrobot does De La Soul as toys. If you push their tummies, do they break out into "The Magic Number"? Because that would be sick.






I'm Over it: I missed Jermaine Dupri last night! Damn writing deadlines. My buddy A.G. went, however, and I told him I hoped JD broke this one out. Reminds me of my high school days. Oh yeah.




Album of the Day: I'm New Here by Gil Scott-Heron. This famous American spoken word poet released a new album under the watchful eye and ear of Richard Russell of XL Records, after spending time on Riker's Island for drug possession. Scott-Heron's raw vocals are set against electronic and acoustic sounds -- you'll be compelled.






* Photos property of style.com, blogs.villagevoice.com, mjfromaroundtheway.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home