Monday, February 01, 2010

Singin' The Blues.

Pantone named Turquoise to be their color of 2010, because it "transports us to an exciting, tropical paradise while offering a sense of protection and healing in stressful times."

Adds Leatrice Eiseman of the Pantone Color Institute, β€œIt is believed to be a protective talisman, a color of deep compassion and healing, and a color of faith and truth, inspired by water and sky. Through years of color word-association studies, we also find that Turquoise represents an escape to many – taking them to a tropical paradise that is pleasant and inviting, even if only a fantasy.”

It's no wonder why I've been seeing so much blue in stores and in collections of late!

This weekend, a little bird at Club Monaco told my buddy Scoots and I to come back on Tuesday to check out the new incoming collection, which -- surprise, surprise! -- she said was blue-based. Then I looked at the new Dace Spring 2010 collection today, and the most covetable pieces -- like the Lucie and Brielle dresses -- were blue, too (super light and then very bright, respectively).

Baby blue was big on runways -- Ralph Lauren in particular had a lot of it for Spring 2010, as well as navy. Even Alexander McQueen wove an aqua hue into his recent sea creature-esque collection.

Guess this might be the one time people are actually happy that someone's singing the blues.









I'm Lovin' it: Currently have on my (faux) fur bolero today, wondering why, oh, why I don't wear it more often?! Also, thanks to Holt Renfrew VP of Fashion Direction, Barbara Atkin, for taking us through the trends for Spring 2010! She has to be one of the nicest ladies working in fashion today.





I'm Over it: Searching through my business cards for one in particular was absolute mayhem today. Need to plug them all into my Mac address book, like, stat.


Music of the Day: Beach House -- or Alex Scally and Victoria Legrand-- released their new (and third) album called Teen Dream, and it's still pretty chilled out (though more grown-up sounding than their last album, I must say). I really like the tracks "Lover of Mine" and "Walk in the Park".






* Photos property of style.com, Pantone, Dace, Holt Renfrew and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home