Thursday, June 18, 2009

Way More Wang.

Alexander Wang might be getting a little ubiquitous for some, but I have yet to tire of him.

Today's a bit of a rush, but here are a few more AW pieces from the Resort 2010 that deserves some posting props!

My girl Steph A. chopped off the sleeves to a light wash, cropped denim jacket that was sitting in her closet, and it looks similar to the Wang one pictured below. The best thing? She saved a couple hundred bills doing it!

You gotta be resourceful these days...

On another Alex W. note, I went to a Gap/CFDA pre-sale this morning for the new collaboration collection and tried on his cropped safari jacket and rolled-up khakis.

Here's my verdict:

1. The jacket is tres cute, but can make a petite gal look a little overwhelmed and a bit boxy. But it's certainly an individual try-it-on-for-size-yourself situation.

2. The khaki pants are also tres cute. My girl Reebs liked the pants on me, but suggested going a size bigger -- even though I didn't need to -- for visual effect. I agree wholeheartedly with her advice. Though I'm still on the fence about the pants, I think I'll head back with a pair of heels because that might be a winning look. Flats, those pants and me were a no-go, however.

I'll post pictures soon, which I sneakily took in the change room...









I'm Lovin' it: Terry Richardson shot the upcoming Pirelli calendar! Lots of gratuitous supermodel skin.





I'm Over it: Unpredictability can make one craaaazy.


Track of the Day: I've been on a huge old school hip hop and rap kick lately. Found an old mixed CD full of G-funk sound. "Nobody Does It Better" by Nate Dogg brings back a lot of chillin' and illin' memories.







* Photos property of nymag.com, Terry Richardson, fashionologie.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home