Monday, June 08, 2009

Resorting To This.

In between ready-to-wear and couture shows is a group of lesser known collections -- to the public, at least, because not everyone can afford vacays in Biarritz -- called resort (or formerly known as "cruise").

The brands who showed Resort 2010 very recently included Marc Jacobs, Chanel, Yigal Azrouel, Anna Sui, Alexander Wang, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Zac Posen, Doo.Ri, Prada, Rachel Roy, Stella McCartney, Thakoon, Vena Cava and a string of other very well-known labels.

Among my favorites were Alexander Wang, Yigal Azrouel, Stella McCartney and basically the ENTIRE 15-look Rag & Bone collection (oh, to have this as my early Fall '09 wardrobe!).

Happy gazing!

















I'm Lovin' it: How cute are my -- and Steph A.'s -- Parisian oxfords?! She's got the two-toned creams, I've got the whites.






I'm Lovin' it: Muggy weather, begone.


Track(s) of the Day: "The Kid" and "Lately" by All Wrong and the Plans Change. Hailing from Los Angeles, California, Kassia Conway and Amy Wood left Stella's Ball to form their new group in early 2007 (they also picked up a guitarist along the way), and man, do they have a great sound (which I find a little hard to define, quite frankly). Please listen to them and their debut EP A Learning Problem.






* Photos property of style.com, Haute Hippie, s3.amazonaws.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are the Parisian shoes from in Paris?? or more specifically what brand are they?

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Steph A said...

May, I love our shoe pic!! For the comment above...they are from a little Paris shoe store chain called La Scarpa. It's their own house brand, made in Italy I think.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home