Friday, May 29, 2009

Light 'Em Up.

Yesterday, New York's mayor Michael Bloomberg declared it "Burberry Day".

Really?!

I love the label and its head creative Christopher Bailey, but amongst such important calendar landmarks like President's Day, Memorial Day and Martin Luther King Day, you're going to have Burberry Day??

Anyway, the brand moved its NYC headquarters into the old New York building, and the new sign -- which was lit up last night -- was made to ensure it blended nicely with the city skyline.

After all, a historic structure redone in Burberry plaid would have been just a wee much.

Happy Friday!!

xo
Haute Hippie






I'm Lovin' it: Target has a new collaboration partner in Carlos Falchi, a fact which I'm extremely excited about, given the fact that I'm a huge fan of snakeskin (faux, preferably). Look out for his handbags to hit Tar-zhay come October 11th.






I'm Over it: Nothing today. Thank you to Sara over at Karyo-Edelman for sending me a six-pack of the new Bud Lite Lime! As you can see below, it was quite enjoyable. It's a very happy Friday, indeed.






Track of the Day: I stuck an old mixed CD from 1999 into my car stereo today and out of my speakers played "Summertime in the LBC" by Doveshack. All come around...to hear the Doveshack G-funk sound...








* Photos property of nymag.com, fashionista.com, thetones360.com, Target, Haute Hippie and are used solely of commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home