Wednesday, June 03, 2009

CFDA Chic.

I knew Diane von Furstenberg would do great things as the CFDA president.

The designer icon decided to shake things up this year with the CFDA Journal by having the award nominees pose for the publication -- which, despite it's form, is not actually available to the public -- but this time wearing their own creations.

And yes, that means men in dresses, as Jason Wu gamely did for the shoot.

Marc Jacobs wore his Fall '09 bunny ears (the very same ones his pal Madonna wore to the Met's Costume Institute Gala this past May), and Alexander Wang wore his cut-out, downtown wares.

The results ended up looking edgy, like the kind of editorial spreads you'd find in an issue of Visionaire or Dazed & Confused.

Go, DVF!









I'm Lovin' it: My new white perforated men's-style Oxfords from Paris have landed in town and on my feet. I don't care if this blazing hot weather calls for open toes, these babies have made their first of many appearances as of today. Thanks, Steph A.!!!!






I'm Over it: I was apparently sent a box of delicious chocolates from out east, and though they were delivered via Puralator, they somehow didn't make it into my mouth because someone must have eaten them. My concierge is in big, big trouble.


Track of the Day: "Orange Shirt" by Discovery. One dude from Ra Ra Riot and one dude from Vampire Weekend formed a secondary, side project musical alliance that is more synth-pop than their original ventures. Think Passion Pit, but less falsetto.






* Photos property of WWD, myspace.com/discoverdiscovery, Haute Hippie and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home