Tuesday, June 23, 2009

For The Love of Shoes.

There was a very, very big shoe sale that occurred this weekend at our luxe department store downtown.

Ladies were being pushy in the politest of ways, but I did witness an elbow jab here and there in attempts to get to the right size shoe racks.

I usually waver between a size 5 and size 6 in footwear, so how lucky was I to spot not only a color-blocked Fendi wedge, but a sky-high cream pair of Versace heels in my section?!

The unlucky part, however, is budget-related. Loosely translated, that means there was no way in freakin' hell I could fork over six hundred big ones for Fendi (and that was already slashed in price).

But, like always, I have no shame in taking snaps.









I'm Lovin' it: This image of Anne Hathaway, who snagged the role of White Queen in Tim Burton's upcoming remake of Alice in Wonderland. I think she looks absolutely stunning here. Also on the thespian roster for this movie: Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter, Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen and Alan Rickman as the Caterpillar ("Whooooo are yooooooou?").





I'm Over it: Looking outside and then getting dressed appropriately, only to look outside again to witness a weather 180 and having to change again.


Music of the Day: What do you get when Jack White of The White Stripes partners up with Allison Mosshart of The Kills, Jack Lawrence of The Raconteurs and Dean Fertita from Queens of the Stone Age? The Dead Weather. It's great alt-rock from Nashville, TN. White and Mosshart have an eerily similar pale skin-black hair thing going on.






* Photos property of Haute Hippie, Disney, dailymail.co.uk, pastemagazine.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home