Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Alooooo-ha!

My posts have been few and far between over the past couple of days because I've been browning myself silly in the Honolulu sun.

However, this morning found me doing some work before hitting the beach again, so here's a quick update post in point form:


1. Island time is AWESOME. People walk slower, drive slower, stop to smell the roses (or hibiscus) and generally seem to enjoy life every hour they're not in bed sleeping (and you best believe they're enjoying the heck out of that, too).

2. Leis smell so pretty, I want to eat them.

3. Any regular song set to an island beat sounds that much better. Plus playing Bob Marley while lying on the beach is like nothing else.

4. Ukeleles are too cool for school, and I'm thisclose to owning one.

5. I could live in a bikini all day.

6. Frolicking on the beach in a tropical downpour is actually a heck of a lot of fun -- the beach at Waimea Bay is the best place to be caught in the rain.

7. Dehydration is best kept at bay with a fridge full of Vitamin Water (very cheap stateside!).

8. Buying neon floaties and tubes makes you look like a tourist, but who cares?!

9. Boogie boarding is super fun, but watch out for jellyfish.

10. Hawaii brown is different than Mexico brown. The former is much more golden -- think J-Lo glow.

11. Dolly Parton's former house in Hawaii has a boob-shaped jacuzzi. The reason I know this is because my girlfriend Sushi -- who's getting married at Turtle Bay tomorrow! -- is staying there with her family while out here. And the rehab house that celebrities rent to, well, rehabilitate is right next door.

11. I love Hawaii. Mahalo!!!!!


xo
Haute Hippie








* Photo property of Haute Hippie and is used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home