Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Military Mad

I know that we'll be looking at Fall '09 collections in New York very soon, but this is one late style shout-out that just cannot be overlooked.

There are few things I'd bow down for, except perhaps for old school Westside Connection, Carine Roitfeld and gourmet mac 'n' cheese.

Oh, and the Spring '09 military jackets from Balmain, courtesy of Christophe Decarnin.

These Balmain beauties -- seen at Paris Fashion Week for the first time last September -- make me have to stop and catch my breath: the big shoulders, the double-breast, the jewel-encrusted detailed, the perfect length, the way it goes with skinny black pants and stovepipe denim.

It's all very MJ, no?

I'd sign up for the military in a heartbeat.

As long as Decarnin designs the uniforms.








I'm Lovin' it: Alexander Wang designed limited-edition packaging for Proper Attire condoms. Now that's some Alex I can afford.





I'm Over it: I can't deal with the 250 emails in my Hotmail inbox right now.


Track of the Day: "How Am I To Be" by The Watson Twins. Chandra and Leigh Watson make up this folksy, Silver Lake-living duo who were born and raised in Louisville, KY before moving out west. A very pretty track, in that Zooey Deschanel kind of way, but with more electric guitar in the background.







* Photos property of style.com, seaofshoes.typepad.com, fashionista.com, dansmallpresents.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home