Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry (Belated) Christmas...

...and a happy, happy Boxing Day!

So my Christmas Day fared MUCH better than Christmas Eve.

Saritz and I made it to her mom's for Christmas brunch (poached eggs soaked in red wine on a baguette with bacon and mushrooms!)

Then I drove over the K-Dawg's for the rest of the day, drinking more vino and being merry with my second familia (and the Willms familia, too).

Ever the rockin' best guy friend, K. got me a bottle of Narciso Rodriguez For Her eau de parfum, while Nadine got me Dolce & Gabbana The One, which comes in a chic, refillable gold travel-size bottle (the box came with three refills).

As Nads said to me last night, I'm going to be smelling good all 2009.

After stuffing our faces at dinner, we all broke open Christmas crackers (which I'd never done before, how fun!) and had a round of Secret Santa.

I ended up with the cutest white and blue apron with lace straight from Holland (thanks to Nadine, who calls Utrecht in the Netherlands home these days). Oh yeah, and it came with a matching spatula. Adorable. I'm actually afraid to get it dirty.

Apres pecan and pumpkin pie for desert, the night turned into the kids -- which is a completely relative term, since the eldest kid in the room was 30 -- indulging in a movie-watching session of the Wedding Crashers.

Ah, it was a very merry Christmas, indeed.












I'm Lovin' it: Vintage fur vests. Last night, one made an appearance as a Secret Santa gift. Ever the fashionistas, Nads and I fell in love with it. Then we found out Sue could get ones for us for $22 today. Yeeeeees. It's so Rachel Zoe.




I'm Over it: Hmmmm...more snow means possibly not making it to the 'burbs (again) for Aims' Boxing Day party...


Track of the Day: The Bloc Party remix of "Needy Girl" by Chromeo. Love when the lone chime rings in at a little after three minutes. That's when the remix gets gooooooood.






* Photos property of Haute Hippie, cfs9.tistory.com, and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home