Friday, April 18, 2008

Happy Friday!

Yep, I've been a bit MIA the past two weeks with a lot going on. Whew, TGIF!

There's a new indie brand I'm liking called Maharishi out of the UK.

The brand's been around since Hardy Blechman founded it in 1994 and is pretty street. Lupe Fiasco and Pharrell Williams are huge fans, but both men and women get shout-outs with separate collections. I'm finding the men's side is completely army-inspired, which is appropriate since it seems to be making a comeback considering the recent unveiling of the Louis Vuitton-with-Marc-and-Murakami Monoflage print in Brooklyn a few weeks ago.

All the women's stuff is loose and easy-going in that "I just threw this on" way, and kind of reminds me of clothing the Alexander Wang set would wear if all their Alexander Wang clothes were dirty in the the laundry basket. I also like the yellow socks paired with the short, grey boots in the lookbook for some reason -- probably because it adds a little girliness to an otherwise muted color palette (save the blue shirts).

I dig.












I'm Lovin' it: One of my fave Vancity stores called Mintage is selling vintage clothing for cheap at $9.99 by the pound. An entirely new concept for fashionistas in this city. At L.A.'s Jet Rag on La Brea, not so much but here, yes.







I'm Over it: My phone has been out of commission for a couple days. I could call out, but couldn't receive calls nor text. Not cool. So if you've been trying to get a hold of me, so sorry! I'm not ignoring y'all. It should be fixed now.


Track of the Day: Like Dolly Parton? Like Kenny Rogers? No?? Well, maybe then you'll like their song "Islands In The Stream" sung by Feist and Constantines better. Check it!








* Photos property of emaharishi.com, Mintage, pitchfork.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home