Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Pro-Proenza

Reviewing Proenza Schouler, my reaction has always been mildly lukewarm like.

I see why the fashion-obsessed love Jack and Lazaro's designs: excellent structure, precise cuts and rich colors, plus enormous editorial backing from Vogue and Anna W.

One click on Style.com today and I'm singing a whole different tune.

The Proenza Schouler Fall '08 RTW collection was fluid, sexy, masculine and feminine all at once. It made me want to throw out all my skinny pants and invest in more satin jewel tones, glitter, colored heels and big bows.

Guess I'm finally a fan.

















I'm Lovin' it: Alexander Wang is my absolute favorite "new" designer and has been since his last collection. Erin Wasson is one of my favorite models, simply because she's always so damn insouciant cool. I mean, who else would look amazing in a tank layered under an Alex Wang bustier with paint-splattered sweats and high heels?? Lucky for me and everyone else, they both happen to be best friends -- Wasson is Wang's muse and runway stylist. This picture is worth a thousand words, taken at the designer's afterparty yesterday night. So wish I'd been there. Sigh.






I'm Over it: Driving with Steve, aka. Sandwich. Today, he reversed backward onto oncoming traffic to snag a parking spot, geared down in an automatic car as we almost got t-boned on 4th Ave. (I was sitting in one of the death seats) and somehow managed to get a coffee stain on his interior roof (which he didn't notice until it was pointed out yesterday). It's like Deathproof, but in a Mazda and minus the skull hood decal.






Album of the Day: Hot Chip's new album Made In The Dark dropped stateside today. Check out the danceable "Ready For The Floor", chillaxin' "We're Looking For A Lot Of Love" and super-slow "Whistle For Will". The boys of Hot Chip are the true definition of dance rockers.







* Photos property of style.com, leftlion.co.uk, Hot Chip and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home