Monday, January 28, 2008

SAG Fashion

Hmmmm.

I wasn't quite blown away with the fashion at yesterday's SAG Awards in Los Angeles last night.

Sure, there was Balenciaga (Cate Blanchett) and Escada (Vanessa Williams) and Oscar de la Renta (Debra Messing) and Zac Posen (Ellen Page) and Versace (Michelle Pfeiffer) and Luisa Beccaria (Kate Beckinsale) and Prada (Javier Bardem) and Calvin Klein (Jamie-Lynn Sigler) and Neem Khan (Eva Longoria) and vintage Hermes (Angelina Jolie) and Nina Ricci (Marion Cotillard) and all that.

But nothing really struck me as beautiful beyond words, a dress that I would shed tears over because it was so gorgeous.

Like that unbelievable ivory and gold Christian Dior gown Gisele Bundchen wore to the Oscars a few years ago, tagging along as Leo DiCaprio's arm candy. I mooned over it so much that I actually saved an image to have a lucky seamstress knock it off for my wedding dress some day -- and I'm nowhere near a marriage anytime soon (this usually requires something called a boyfriend), let alone sure if I believe in its institution anyway (ask me again in a year or two...or five).

Anyway, if I had to present a "Best Dressed at the SAGs" aware, I suppose I'd give it to either Vanessa Williams or Kate Beckinsale, both of whom chose yellow as their hue of the evening.

Though I'm sure the mood was rather sombre in light of Heath Ledger's death, they were a a bit of a bright spot to the night.








I'm Lovin' it: My Sunday afternoon this weekend, which consisted of a viewing of "27 Dresses" with Aims, Berry and Roops. It was a really, really, really cute chick flick, if I do say so myself. Katherine Heigl has great comic timing. Sometimes it's nice to put away P.T. Anderson, Wes Anderson, Stanley Kubrick, David Cronenberg, Paul Haggis and David Slade for a moment, just to indulge in girly movies that make us feel -- if only for 90 minutes -- that a love connection like that can truly happen.






I'm Lovin' it, Part Deux: My girl Berry -- who is a senior accountant at KPMG -- was working at a client's for the past two weeks, a client that happens to distribute most major fashion magazines to the Vancity area. She brought me a stack of mags worth their weight in gold to me yesterday, so all I want to do is read them from cover to cover with Sex and the City blaring on my TV in the background.


I'm Lovin' it, Part Trois: Rock Band! Playing those drums is waaaaay too much fun. Give you one guess to how I spent my Saturday night. Till 2 am with some buddies. This includes a poutine stop in between songs at about 12:30 am for re-fueling.







I'm Over it: Walking to the T & T Supermarket from my girl AJ's condo in pink and maroon pajama bottoms, dark grey t-shirt, white button-up cardigan, black socks, blue flats and my huge gold earrings this past Saturday morning. Kudos to me, I suppose, for biting the bullet and trying to be all liberated by not going to the store dressed up -- or at least in a purposeful "i just threw this on" outfit -- but in that 15 minutes walking around T & T, I realized just how much of a fashionista I am sometimes. As in all the time.



Laugh of the Day: I've been YouTube-ing a lot of Dave Chapelle clips in the past 48 hours -- that dude is HILARIOUS. If you haven't seen his skit with John Mayer on white people dancing, I suggest you click here.







* Photos property of style.com, rumorsayz.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home