Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Underneath My Clothes

"Underneath my clothes, there's an endless story..." is what Shakira once sang a fews ago in her hit song of the same name.

Sure, there's a story underneath mine for revealing, too, but I'd much rather reveal me wearing something from Letters of Marque, a new line of vintage-inspired lingerie from Stacey Dash.

And oui, oui -- it's the same Stacey Dash who played Dionne next to Alicia Silverstone's Cher.

Along with Jennifer Issa, the actress/designer has created a beautiful, romantic collection of undergarments, inspired by one of her ancestors who was, apparently, a Dutch pirate. The original Letter of Marque was a document given to pirates, allowing them the right to pillage whatever they invaded. Pillage...booty...lingerie...makes sense, no?

The underthings really are quite breathtaking, made from French and English Leavers lace and fashioned into vintage silhouettes -- Dash and Issa's "Muse" collection should be in every woman's boudoir drawer.

Writing about fashion while wearing Letters of Marque is so Sex and Vancity.










I'm Lovin' it: I cannot wait to see the new Jason Wu and Alexander Wang collections from NY Fashion Week.







I'm Over it: Know when you have a craving to eat something and when you do, it's not at all as good as it normally is? I'd been wanting a burrito from Taco Shack on Cornwall for awhile, so yesterday I gave in. The boy with ADD who made my burrito put too much pico de gallo, had no rice to put in and didn't cook the onions properly on the grill. Have I ever mentioned my extreme detest for raw onions?? Anyway, the eating experience was not as pleasant as I hoped. And my breathe STILL smells like onions, despite multiple tooth brushings, flosses and gum.






Music of the Day: The auditory pleasure of Kid Sister, born Melissa Young of Chicago. If I were to describe her music, I'd say it's Girl Talk, M.I.A., Lady Sovereign and DJ A-Trak all in one, but with her doing all the rapping. Oh wait, A-Track also happens to be her boyfriend and Kanye West's DJ, which explains why Mister West did his own version of her track "Pro Nails". Booty-shaking, electro shizz.








* Photos property of Letters of Marque, artevisual.com.mx, Kid Sister, Alexander Wang and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home