Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Matthew 20:08

Brit designer and F.O.S. (Friend Of Sienna) Matthew Williamson is pretty much a master when it comes to luxe bohemian party frocks.

For Fall '08, Williamson took his usual brights prints and put them together with shorter hemlines, parkas, metallic nylon, fox fur and spectators (not of the black and white variety though). For a color palette, he -- like many other designers -- favored the brights blues and purples for layering season. The skirts had flounce and the dresses were loose, fluid and flattering.

Though I'm not quite sure where the few metallic outfits fit into the runway theme, all in all, I loved the kaleidoscope of colors and motifs for autumn times that are usually reserved for monotones and muteds.















I'm Lovin' it: The B.B. Dakota event this afternoon, thrown by my friend Seems. A fashion show and tea party? Pour me some peppermint, please! I'll pass on the cuke sandwiches, but will probably (as in most definitely) want some fab new dress or jacket.


I'm Over it: Trying to get myself to the gym downstairs. It's happening very slowly.


Art of the Day: At the Know?Show, a fantastic, hugely talented artist named Tim Barnard spent most of the three days drawing out a huge black and white mural with a black felt pen. His work made it as the cover of the show's magazine and is currently on the tees of a Montreal-based label called Evil Bad, as well as Vancouver-based Lifetime Collective. I won't be surprised in the least if he work generates more than considerable buzz this year. Wooster Collective needs to check this dude out ASAP.








* Photos property of style.com, Matthew Williamson, Tim Barnard and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home