Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Where's Aldo?

Aldo can be hit or miss for me.

Sometimes the shoes are great-looking, but extremely uncomfortable -- no one wants bunions before the age of 60. Other times the shoes aren't so hot-looking and cost way too much -- I'd rather splurge on an item more ridiculous, like a dollop of La Mer cream for $100 (perhaps a dip in the Pacific Ocean would be just as sufficient). And then, there are those times when the shoes look fab AND are priced at a pretty penny. Like their Aldo Collection, the company's nouveau high-end line of shoes for the ladies.

A few weeks ago, I paid a little visit to the Aldo location on Robson and basically fell in lust with four pairs of heels from the luxe line. The designs were pretty great, or at least pretty great interpretations of shoes found on recent runways. Colors were sophisticated shades of purple, black, red, bronze or metallic -- very sexy, very shiny, very futuristic. Never mind each pair rang in at least $250...they all had funky, spiced up variations of Italian names: Adrianoa! Esmeraldasa! Braidena! Melchiora!

I tried on a few of the styles several times, deciding whether my tootsies were worth all that moolah.

Verdict? Yup. They always are.











I'm Lovin' it: This dress socialite -- and rumored ex-high class call girl -- Genevieve Jones (also the BFF to Julia Restoin-Roitfeld, the comely daughter of Carine Roitfeld) is wearing. Yeah-yer! I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what designer it is. Definitely crushing on the grey tiered ruffles!







I'm Over it: Getting stuck behind big dump trucks when driving in a car -- super annoying, especially when you're heading to a meeting. I'm the kind of gal that usually likes to see where I'm going. Figuratively AND literally.

Art of the Day: From BROS in the romantic, parmesan cheese-ridden city of Italy. It's cute in, you know, a social commentary kind of way.











* Photos property of aldoshoes.com, fashionweekdaily.com, woostercollective.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home