Friday, September 07, 2007

Wang Chung Tonight

New York Fashion Week is now on its fourth day.

And today happens to be the day a collection really, really made me want to cry for joy and made me wish for a million dollars in my bank account so I could buy it all.

Alexander Wang, a native Californian, moved to New York at 18 years old, eager to move away from his boarding school growing up and even more eager to try his hand at Parsons. After Parsons, he did a few internships -- including VOGUE and Marc Jacobs -- before launching his self-named label.

Wang's clothing, simply put, is cool. It's hip, in a simple way, and has the pieces you expect one of those naturally stylish girls to put together in the morning after rolling out of bed. Long white button-up here, skinny belt there, Repetto flats, mens' vest -- you know the drill. It's more downtown than uptown, more Williamsburg than the UES (Upper East Side, folks). It's the type of collection Irina Lazareanu would love...and probably Chloe Sevigny, too.

Thankfully, Misch on Granville Street carries Alexander Wang and so does Holt Renfew. For you Angelenos, Ron Herman, Fred Segal, Diavolina and Satine have it in stock. For the NYC-ers, Barneys, Big Drop, Blue and Cream, Opening Ceremony and Otte have it in-store.

So everyone Wang Chung tonight.































I'm Lovin' it: The Know Show in T-minus 45 minutes with Jenkinson. My lunch, which consisted of asiago cheese ciabatta loaf with the creamiest goat cheese I've ever tasted. A possible trip to Edmonton next Thursday to Sunday to help my buddy Ry B. out at the Trends trade show out there -- apparently it's like the MAGIC show of Canada. That means working hard and playing hard.


I'm Over it: A certain New York-er friend of mine who'll be happily swilling free champers and mingling among fashion's finest at the Prada party tonight. Boo you!


Fashion Week Outfit of the Day: Okay, so I lied. I have two. From Karen Walker.









* Photos property of style.com and used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home