Thursday, September 06, 2007

Closing Thought of the Night

I just got back home from drinks with my girls Dani T. and Ally P. at the Shore Club on Dunsmuir and Granville.

These ladies are two of three chiquitas (Teen-ers, love ya, too!) who run the Garnish Girls, and I'm consistently amazed at how well these girls are going with their business. They've currently expanded their retail availability to big stores, such as Whole Foods, Urban Fare, Meninhardt, Gourmet Warehouse and Holt Renfrew events, as well as launching an e-commerce section on their website tentatively by September's end.

Best of all, tonight I got to spend 3.5 hours with my girlfriends, shooting the breeze, discussing world issues (we certainly went OFF on global warming), talking shop (ie. business) and learning about the history of the cocktail -- which, of course, I had no clue about, besides my usual requests for "Vodka Red Bull" and "Vodka Soda with a slice of lime".

It's just nice to see my friends doing something they're so passionate about and reaping the multiple benefits of hard work, perseverence, ambition and -- most importantly -- passion itself.

If everyone could feel this way about what they do, day in and day out, we'd all be such shiny, happy people. Thank god I love what I do!


xo
Haute Hippie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home