Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Shoes and Sunsets

After a particularly delicious dinner at Mexican restaurant Zocalo on Main Street with my pal Brian J. tonight, I decided to take my full tummy and Cuba Libre-hazed self to English Bay for a little romantic viewing of the day's rapidly descending sunset -- con uno, of course (meaning: by my lonesome)

So I took my vanilla steamed milk and cookie to a bench by the water, amongst couples young and old, collectively watching a blood red sunset turn a gorgeous shade of dark purple before dipping beneath the horizon behind those ubiquitous ships perched on the water. All sorts of thoughts ran through my head during this sweet moment of solitude, some deeply personal, some frivolous.

And you know what? I just couldn't stop thinking of those fantastic flat grey boots our server at Malone's was wearing last night -- with self-cropped denim shorts shorts, frayed cuffs rolled up right to wear the sun don't shine.

Yes, the boots were from Aldo. Bollocks, not again!


* Sorry for the lack of image, our server informed me the style is quite new. Will post one as soon as it comes out! - HH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home