Tuesday, July 17, 2007

That Otte Do It

Any woman who knows, lives and dies by her fashion always thinks she never has enough clothing. Her wardrobe (preferably housed in something by California Closets) never has enough shoes, bags, accessories, denim and, especially, tops.

Of all the different style parts, tops can be the most expendable because they're the ones most likely to fall under the "trendy" category. Was I in big, airy blousons four years ago? No. Will I be in big, airy blousons four years from now? Unless it's a Lanvin or the like, probably not.

One of the major reasons I lament not living in the U.S. of A anymore -- besides being so far from mi familia -- is that Forever 21 is no longer a ten minute walk away from my apartment to the Santa Monica Promenade. I used to plunk down two twenties and get two tops that'd last me through an entire season, providing the stitching didn't come loose after a few see-and-be-seens (you know how cheap knock-offs go).

However, there is some online solace: OTTE, with two locations on the east coast in New York's West Village and Brooklyn's Williamsburg. This retailer has some fantasmic numbers from Alisha Levine, 3.1 Phillip Lim (lots of them), Hunter Dixon, Whistle & Flute, Clu and Jenny Jen.

The nice thing is that OTTE-carried labels are forward, but classic all at the same time.

Meaning that you won't be hucking the tops out -- Forever 21-style -- when the season is done and done.












I'm Lovin' it: I may love the vino, but don't ask me to decipher its parts. Oaky, smokey, crisp, full-bodied -- that's wine connoisseur language. And I'm just a wine drinker. People like me are raising the roof everywhere now that Wine Answers has hit the world wide web. Drop-down boxes let you figure out which wines complement certain foods and sauces, a glossary provides lingo to make you sound smart at a fancy dining establishment, and -- heck! -- you can even take quizzes should you be feeling Einstein-like. All I know is that if someone was about to pour me a glass and asked me what wine I wanted, I'd say, "Sangria." Told you I was clueless.






I'm Over it: My pal Bri J. sent me this hideous ad campaign from Sisley. Looks like heroin chic is out. Fashion and blow is in. Sick.






Photo of the Day: This is an amazing photo taken of my friend Aggs, who's left us in tears now that she's en route to a new, fabulous life in Berlin, fashion photograph-ing her way to fame. The girl's got some serious gams, no??








* Photos property of otteny.com, cocktails.about.com, Agata Baranowska and are used solely for commentary purposes

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aggs is so hot.

yes, the cocaine/fashion culture is really being glamorized everywhere, i have really been noticing it too. actually, there is this female at work, quite high up, quite involved in the fashion/creative side of things and who is expecting... everyone is gossipping about her partying ways. oh dear.

and darling, many of the philip lim peices you have exhibited above are already in store at holts. i think you should stop by, perhaps we can grab a coffee (or a little blow) and we can talk about what we like for fall and lament our lack of ability to buy any!

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home