Monday, July 16, 2007

Be That All You Can Bedo

I love discovering new things.

Yep, I'm a regular Christopher Columbus, but instead of discovering America -- which he thought was India, what a smart guy -- I'm uncovering new stores in town.

My roomie Steffie D. and I decided to take a stroll on Granville Street, partly to get me some food ASAP (my sugar level was at an all-time low), mostly to get me some much-needed Redken Anti-Snap and definitely to not get stuck in our apartment at 5 pm on a summer Saturday -- young, fabulous females should be prancing about in the sun at that time, preferably sipping sangria somewhere of equal fabulosity.

Anyhoo, after I stopped into some random hair product store to get my Redken, I tottered over next door to meet Steffie at Bedo, which became one of my favorite things in, oh, about two seconds after stepping into the store. Everything is at such a great price point, from summer dresses to night-on-the-town tops to casual tanks to flirty skirts to bubble hems.

The price points were so damn fantasmic, I picked up two new going-out tops with bubble sleeves and square necklines in richly colored satin. And yes, two of the same style in two different colors ( (a royal blue and a bright, bright green) somehow made it to the cashier, they're that cute. I also snagged a super Haute Hippie-ish camel blouson -- at only $24 -- that'll go like two peas in a pod with my new vintage (is that an oxymoron?) belt.

Not only did I leave Bedo grinning ear to ear, I also declared to my uber-adorable cashier: "See you in a couple days!"

Oh yes, that dark brown and gold blouson tee will be mine.

I'm such an easy sell. Sigh.









I'm Lovin' it: The fashion photog Craig McDean. Can't wait for the day my girl Aggs -- who is in the process of moving to Berlin to build up her fashion photography portfolio -- is just as famous as he. She gave me a gorgeous photo she took of a model for my still picture-less wall and it's so McDean-worthy.








I'm Over it: The horrid shoes best known as Crocs. I wish people would stop buying them. Especially for little tykes and toddlers -- don't you people know that children are our future?! A psychic I'm not, but I do know the future will be so much brighter with these things annihilated as quickly as possible.






Track of the Day: She Said by The Pharcyde. These rappers from South Central L.A. put out their Labcabincalifornia in 1995, and 12 years later I'm still rocking out to the tracks. If you haven't checked out this song -- or album -- then you haven't lived. And I say it's coolin' (a lyrical reference to another Pharcyde jam...look it up....aaaannnd go!)







www.myspace.com/thepharcyde



* Photos property of bedo.ca, facescafe.com, msn.com, Google Images and are used solely for commentary purposes

1 Comments:

Blogger k said...

i wish i hated crocs- but i think they're cute on kids. but isn't it about time the trend is over? it's way past 15 minutes by now!

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home